Re: 2.6 proposed module: dasher

Frederic Crozat wrote:

Le lun 12/01/2004 à 18:44, Bill Haneman a écrit :
Murray said:

The release team is likely to reject dasher as a new module unless the GNOME
accessibility experts tell us that they need it. Please speak up now if that
is surprising.

I find it surprising!

I thought all the email to date on Dasher was positive; the i18n issues are sorted,
it exports almost no strings, and it adds considerable new functionality to
the GNOME desktop. It's also now in GNOME CVS. Matthew has done a lot of work to make it not only more GNOME-friendly, but GNOME-integrated.

So what's the issue here?

Mainly, there is no documentation and no way to understand how to use
it..
When I packaged it for Mdk, I ran dasher executable and I wasn't able to
understand anything to it :((

Hmm.. did you check the project homepage or README?

This ought to be pretty fixable, as there is _lots_ of documentation at
http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/dasher/
(the dasher homepage).  If it's just a matter of migrating some docs to
XML/Docbook then I don't see why this can't be done very soon.

- Bill