Re: a little help with fedora gnopernicus please...

Hmmm....

ok. I know that festival is not installed. Or is at the very least not in root's path.

[root kenny root]# festival_server
-bash: festival_server: command not found

I don't think that FC1 comes stock with that anyway. But a rpm -qa |grep gnome-speech produces:

[root kenny root]# rpm -qa |grep gnome-speech
gnome-speech-0.2.7-1

So I'm fairly certain that is the speech driver that I am working with. But on the upside:

# up2date festival actually installs festival. I know, I know...up2date=bad. But I'm basically lazy. And I know how to use up2date. :-o

I'll get the chance to learn yum one of these days!

Thanks for the response so far.

"You have dishonored our national fish! Die Infidel!  Die!"

Find high-speed ‘net deals — comparison-shop your local providers here. https://broadband.msn.com