Linux distros with gnome speech reading capabilities included

Title: Message
Does anyone know if there any linux distributions available with gnopernicus installed and usable after installation?
I am currently trying to use the latest slackware distro, that has gnome-speech and gnopernicus included with it,
but I cannot get it to work at all.  The speech will not work, at least.  I have been working on this project for a month
now (I am a linux newbie) with no luck whatsoever.  I have also tried getting it to work on Mandrake 9, and could not
even get gnopernicus to run the configure script all the way through.

If anyone out there is in the northern NJ area, and has successfully set up screen reading in linux and is very comfortable with it,
I would be open to hire a consultant to get this up and running for our organization.

If anyone is interested please email  ameravi njffb org

Andrew Meravi
NJ Foundation for the Blind