GOK : I'd like to contribute.

Hi,

It's been a couple of days I'm trying GOK, in order to use it in an
Internet kiosk access environment.

Yes, it's not (only) about making things easier for disabled people,
it's for everyone. But, yes, I'd really like to contribute to this
project, by developing things I need, hoping they will be usefull for
everyone.

I have programming skills that should be sufficient for that purpose,
although I was playing with Java recently, not C/C++ (i's been quite a
while in fact ;-).

By the way, sorry for my english, it's not my mother tongue ;-)

First, let me expose the things I need and that I haven't found in GOK
(yet) :
- complete customization of the keyboard GUI : icons for the keys,
colors, window background, title bar, etc.
- allow GOK to handle every kind of chars, including asian or arabic
like symbols (display them & type them),
- allow GOK to "type" several chars at once (at one single key
activation) Exemple : a key with "http://"; on it would type "http://";
in the appropriate field.

Second, things I haven't found, but that undoubtly exists :
- command line (or file) configuration of all the GOK parameters (there
is very very few doc about GOK !)
- allow GOK to "type" special chars like '@', french chars,... (I was
not successful with that for now :-(

That's it for now...

So, of course, I have a couple of questions :
- Does GOK already offer things I mention ?
- If not, what is the best way to learn how GOK is architectured and
try to develop on it ?
- What IDE do people use generally in developing GOK ? etc.
- Who could help me in :
 1) Getting familiar with GOK code and teach me the basics of
developing GOK, its dependencies, its architecture and philosophy,
 2) Help me to write things the best way possible to easily integrate
things I'll write, with GOK source tree (if ever, and if they're
usefull).

Well...

That's it : if I get no answer to this post, that would mean my
approach is bad, and I'll change it ! ;-)

As I mentioned, I work for a private company, which has a commercial
goal. But my personnal motivation is not only to do my work the best I
can : I'd also like to contribute to GOK, which I find one of the most
usefull and concrete project I've seen.

Hoping to get news from you, people from the list,

cheers,
Michel.

--
Michel Szybist