Re: Why Can't I use BRLTTY With Gnopernicus

Mario,

Thanks for your explanation. I just discovered most of this myself a few
minutes ago. The thing that is causing me trouble is that keyboard
emulation no longer works. It did right after you wrote ttybrl.c . I could
pressd the down arrow key combination on my braille keyboard and Gnome
would do a down-arrow. If I was in a text box I could type a character on
the braille keyboard and it would appear on the screen. looking at the
source code for ttybrl.c I can see that it is trying to send keycodes that
have not been mapped somewhere. However, they are not getting a response.
My gues now is that something has changed in Gnome and the keycodes need
to be encoded differently. I have already informed Dave Mielke of this
problem.

John

--
Computers to Help People, Inc.