Re: presentations

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:56:42 +1000
Jason White <jasonw ariel ucs unimelb edu au> wrote:
> Has anyone done work to optimize the keyboard entry of this kind of
> system? Also, it would be interesting to know whether there is a

Not yet. I will try. I'm thinking about the most efficient ways.

> linear representation that can be transformed into the spatial format;

I'm thinking of dividing space in a 3x3 matrix and output the symbols in
sequence, ex:

100200300 would become :

1
 2
   3

> I am just thinking in terms of the cross-modality accessibility of
> this sort of script. Of course, for languages with large character
> sets there are standard keyboard-based input methods, and at least

Currently I'd use the keypad for the spatial division: ex you press on the
symbol then 7 and it appears in the upper left corner, the big enter key to go
to the next entry and the big plus key to go to the previous entry.

I'm planning to do unicode first, then a font, a basic keyboard support to try
to have users playing with that then the graffiti  like system.

> there is good prospect of a Unicode representation of the text, or,
> failing that, a character set that can be converted to Unicode

I'm going to try to design a vectorial font with the basic chars.