Re: building gnome

Hi there. I get the following when I run ./configure in the ATK directory
with no options passed to the script.

checking if g77 supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g77 linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries...
yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for Win32... no
checking for aclocal flags...
checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding GLIB or finding the wrong
*** version of GLIB. If it is not finding GLIB, you'll need to set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
*** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if
that
*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it,
although
*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying
LD_LIBRARY_PATH
configure: error:
*** GLIB 2.0.0 or better is required. The latest version of
*** GLIB is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/. If GLIB is installed
*** but not in the same location as pkg-config add the location of the
file
*** glib-2.0.pc to the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

PKG_CONFIG_PATH is currently set to /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig. And the file
glib-2.0.pc is present in that directory. Am I missing something here? And
yes I did ./configure, make, and make install to install glib.