Re: building gnome

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 13:04, Igor Gueths wrote:
> Hi all. I am trying to build Gnome for my girlfriend who is sighted.
> However, I am having problems getting Atk to find the installed version of
> Glib. I am currently using Glib-2.2.2. I have tried pointing ld to the
> library path, moving the object files under the glib-2.2.2 directory in
> the tree to /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib, and that didn't work either. I
> also tried setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH to /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig and that
> didn't work either. I also appended glib-2.0.pc to the above variable.
> Does anyone know what is wrong with the configure script or why it is not
> finding Glib? Note I am using the latest ATK available from
> ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/atk. Thanks!

OK, you have told us what is not happening. What is happening? Is any
version of glib found? Is it possible to post the error message that the
configure script is reporting (say, the last 20 lines of output before
it fails)?

When you built glib-2.2.2, did you just run 'configure', then 'make' and
'make install'? If so, then PKG_CONFIG_PATH will need to be set to
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig (it is a directory, so do not add the
glib-2.0.pc part).

Please post your response to the list (not just to me; I will see it on
the list) so that everybody can see the answers in the archives for
later reference.

Cheers,
Malcolm