Re: Java-Access-Bridge and Gnopernicus

Le Jeudi 20 Novembre 2003 18:19, Darragh a écrit :
> Hello all,
> I've just downloaded compiled and installed the access-bridge but
> open office is still not accessible.  I'm just writing to see if
> there is some environment variable or something that needs to be
> passed to gnome?  I think I saw a command somewhere to enable
> accessibility support in gnome am I right?  If so could someone
> send it to me?
>
> I'm using the software which came with fedora core 1 with the
> exception of the java-access-bridge

I think there are 5 kind of apps that can be accessible with at-spi :

1) gnome apps : the relevant gconf key must be set to true (with
gconftool-2 --set "/desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility" --type
boolean "True")

2) gtk apps :with  export GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge

3) Mozilla (a kind of it's own :-), betterto  use 1.5 ) : with export
GNOME_ACCESSIBILITY=1

4) Java apps using the Swing toolkit:
Of course you need to have gnome-java-bridge.jar available
(i.e in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/).
put
assistive_technologies=org.GNOME.Accessibility.JavaBridge
in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/accessibility.properties
and
ORBIIOPIPv4=1
in ~/.orbitrc

5) OpenOffice (version 1.1): same as 4 with export
SAL_ACCESSIBILITY_ENABLED=1

I think it should be (corrected an put) in a FAQ somewhere.

HTH,
Bernard