Re: Where to download Java SDK and Java Access Bridge ?

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 10:09, Tom and Esther Ward wrote:
> Hi, Nath.
> You can obtain the Java sdk rpm at java.sun.com. Since you are using Debian
> I suspect you can just convert the sdk rpm to a Debian package by using
> alien, and then install it.
> As for the access bridge I don't know of an actual package for it, but I
> typically just get it out of cvs, build it, and then install it.
> After that I copy the jar files to the proper places, and the
> accessibility.properties file. Also you add a line to .orbitrc and after
> that you and java apps should be set.

Is all this documented somewhere with some specifics? Reading the above
description, my immediate questions would be: Copy which jar files? What
is the right place? What goes in the line in .orbitrc? (I can guess the
answer here is to permit IPv4 access.) Does the accessibility.properties
files need altering? Where does it go?

If everything is in the README file in the Jaca access bridge module,
then all is good. Otherwise, are you able to fill us in a bit more?

Cheers,
Malcolm