Re: Where to download Java SDK and Java Access Bridge ?

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

Hi, Malcolm. Good point.Here is specific directions I have followed.

1. Obtain the java 1.4.2 sdk or later from java.sun.com.
2. install it on your system.
3. Checkout the java-access-bridge from the gnome.org cvs server. Info is
located on gnome.org about obtaining cvs packages.
4. Compile the java-access-bridge and install it.
5. Now, you need to copy the files JNav.jar and gnome-java-bridge.jar into
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/lib/ext/. These files for me were located in
/usr/share/jar, but subject to change depending on your configuration.
6. I then copied the accessibility.properties from /usr/share/jar to
/usr/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/lib/.
7. I now created a .orbitrc file in my home directory an added the line:
ORBIIOPIPv4=1
8. Save the file, and now you are ready to test the bridge.
9. I  open gnome-terminal, and switch to the Notepad program located in
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2/demos/jfc/Notepad/.
10. Finally, doing java -jar Notepad.jar will open and run Notepad,and you
should be able to read, write, and edit files in that application.