Re: Performance of Gnome and Gnopernicus

Michael/All:

Note that the blocking while delivering events to clients is, in fact, a
feature and not a bug.  That is to say, if we don't block at that point
it can create more problem than it solves for assistive technologies.
Better to block until the notifications have gone out.

This doesn't at all explain a two-second delay however.  My benchmarks
have indicated that on modest machines we can process a few thousand
AT-SPI calls per second.  The maximum latencies in this part of the
process are really quite small from the "user time" perspective.  I
think that the visible lags are coming from the way the APIs are being
used, etc.

regards

Bill