Re: Performance of Gnome and Gnopernicus

I would like to know this as well. I hate to say it, but as pleased as I
am that Gnopernicus does something, I have to say that Gnome strikes me as
a very bloated, slow desktop.  It is slower than Windows 95 which is
saying a lot.  It also depends on what speech driver you are using.  From
what I've heard and experienced, the drivers for the Dectalk and IBM
Viavoice are reasonably responsive, and Festival and Free TTS require a
serious computer to be any use.  I think when/if Gnopernicus can support
hardware synthesizers, those of us who own one will find it much more
responsive.