Re: a patch for at-poke

Hi Bolian,

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 03:59, Bolian Yin wrote:
> I found the way to do that all in gdk abstraction.  The new patch is
> attached. I think it is better now. If no other comments, I will ask
> Bill to help me commit it.

	So, now I'm not distracted by the X bits ;-) I notice this:

> +/* the stuff to blink */
> +static int blink_count = 4;
> +static int blink_interval = 200;  /* 0.2 s */
> +static int blink_x = 0, blink_y = 0, blink_w = 0, blink_h = 0;
> +static GtkWidget *blink_widget = NULL;

	If any baby programmers saw this they just might think that global
variables were an acceptable way to program - so if only for their sake
we should do:

typedef struct {
} BlinkData;

	Allocate that in component_blink_extens, pass it in as the user 'data'
member of draw_root_subwin (last arg to g_timeout_add), and free it as
we return false.

	Apart from that; perfect,

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot