Re: a patch for at-poke

Hi Bolian,

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 11:08, Bolian Yin wrote:
> I am using your at-poke.  Thanks for your great work.

	Well; Padraig has been doing the lifting since I abandoned it in action
;-)

> I have a patch for it which can draw a rectangle on the current selected
> widget by at-poke.

	It looks nice;

> This patch explictly use many Xlib calls, I don't know if you like it to
> be checked in cvs.   But I think it is really helpful, because there are
> so may items in the at-poke tree, I cannot relate them to the widgets of
> applications.  What's your opinion about the patch?

	The feature looks uber-cool; I imagine Bill'd love this for his
up-coming at-poke demo's ;-)

> +	/* create GC, and set it's subwindow mode and function */
> +	gc = XCreateGC(xdisplay, xroot_window, 0, &gcValues);
> +	XSetSubwindowMode(xdisplay, gc, IncludeInferiors);
> +	XSetFunction(xdisplay, gc, GXinvert);
> +	XSetLineAttributes(xdisplay, gc, 6, LineSolid, CapButt, JoinMiter);
> +
> +	XDrawRectangle(xdisplay, xroot_window, gc, blink_x, blink_y, blink_w, blink_h);
> +	XFreeGC(xdisplay, gc);

	I'd rather prefer to do this with the gdk abstraction, but I guess that
the IncludeInferiors isn't working for you ? :-)

	If that's the case - then please do commit; this looks great.

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot