Re: Still no speech

Adam:

You may be interested to know that I saw a bugfix to the DecTalk driver
for gnome-speech from Marc today, to the callbacks code.  I don't know
whether that would impact your results or not.

As Rich said already on this list, the DECTalk driver is very new and I
would expect a number of bugfixes soon as it stabilizes.  With respect
to your reports from using Festival with ALSA, more detailed reports may
be useful to us (for instance, we'd be interested in knowing the
"several GNOME processes" which appeared to be hung.)

In short, these drivers are performing well within our small group, but
on this list they are getting exposed to a much more heterogeneous
environment all around, with a mixture of configuration differences,
errors, different OS and GNOME versions, etc.  So your input is
important and valuable to us - but I hope that everyone realizes the
heterogeneity of the environments being discussed on the list, and the
fact that these drivers are currently in active development.

best regards,

- Bill