Viavoice callback

Hi all,
I know Kenny recently posted to the list about this as well, but it
occurred to me that there may be another issue here.

First of all, can it be confirmed that Viavoice definitely has callback
support? If so, what should the callback test in test-speech do? Mine
says "this is test text.", and then hangs... no error, nothing, as if it
is waiting. I can quit with ctrl+c with no problems. I can also get
Viavoice to talk with gnopernicus, but it does exactly what Festival
does; in fact, it reads worse.
Another point worth noting is that using cmdlinespeak, etc. speaks fine,
but also hangs, and requires a ctrl+c.

What occurred to me just this morning is that I am running ALSA< where a
lot would probably be running OSS. It sounds unlikely that Viavoice
would have problems with ALSA< but you never know. Can anyone else on
this list confirm running Viavoice with ALSA without (or even with)
problems?

Jamie

--
James Teh