Re: gnopernicus presentation

Hello Mikko:

gnopernicus uses the "gnome-speech" service for its TTS support.
Gnome-speech does not have SAPI support at this time (though a future
version of gnome-speech will be based on SSML/JSAPI APIs, which are
cross-platform).

Unfortunately the festival driver will not give a particularly good demo
of gnopernicus at this time either, due to an inherent limitation of
Festival (it cannot support "speech callbacks" which indicate when an
utterance is completed).

If you are so inclined, you may find it straightforward to write a
"GNOME_Speech_Speaker" driver for your finnish synth, the current
gnome-speech "Speaker" API has only about eight methods.  If you wish to
go that route we'll try to help...

regards,

Bill