Dependency problems.

Hello, list. I have been trying all day to compile gnopernicus from cvs,
and am running into several dependency issues.
I've got a system running Red Hat 9.0 with gnome 2.2.1, and it
seams gnopernicus is no longer compatible with gnome 2.2.
I'm getting library dependancy arrors about gtk+ and cspi.
My version of gtk+ I believe is 1.2.25 and configure is telling me I need
1.3. I don't seam to have cspi on my system, and a search of the Red
Hat
cd's didn't turn up an rpm for cspi 1.6 or any version.
How do I get these needed dependancies without going through the murderous
task of compiling gnome latest from source?
 Is there any rpm packages in the near future? It's getting frustrating
playing can you catch up with the dependancies just to build and install
the software.
If there isn't any rpms in the works then can someone give me a complete
dependancy list, and a set of instructions on building gnome from source
with gnopernicus, and then I will rpm the entire mess and put it somewhere
so the comunity that wants to play with it won't go nuts trying to build
it.
Hth.