Re: problems with DECtalk driver for Gnome-speech

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 07:09:46PM -0500, Kenny Hitt wrote:
> Hi.  I am trying to use the DECtalk software speech synthesizer with
> Gnome-speech.  During the compile I get the following warnings
>
> dectalkspeaker.c
> dectalkspeaker.c: In function `dectalk_say':
> dectalkspeaker.c:126: warning: unused variable `result'
> dectalkspeaker.c: In function `dectalk_set_rate':
> dectalkspeaker.c:203: warning: unused variable `result'
> dectalkspeaker.c: In function `dectalk_set_pitch':
> dectalkspeaker.c:218: warning: unused variable `result'
> dectalkspeaker.c: In function `dectalk_set_voice':
> dectalkspeaker.c:233: warning: unused variable `result'

I cannot solve your main problem, but these have nothing to do with it.
They are just the compiler set to report unused variables and seeing a
few functions where the 'result' variable is defined but not used. They
will (hopefully) be cleaned up at some point, but they are harmless.

Cheers,
Malcolm