Re: Talking daisy reader.

Wait!  Stop! :)

If you have the Sun JDK 1.4.1 installed, the Java stubs get built in the gnome-speech.jar file which will be installed. Or, at least, that's how it's suposed to work.

Marc

At 06:32 PM 3/25/2003 +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:
On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 14:13, Thomas Ward wrote:
> ... I was totally unaware that
> gnome-speech could be used by java applications as well as those in C/C++.
> Is there any documentation on this yet or is it still play it by ear?
Hahaha
It's still, ahem, play it by ear.  But the APIs are documented in IDL
files and are pretty easy to read and understand.  The main issue is
that the current version of gnome-speech doesn't explain what the
expected ParameterList might contain.  There is an API call to get
the parameter names but you have to guess from there.

We are planning a significant update to gnome-speech that will look
a whole lot like JSAPI, but the current version is expected to be our
API for a while yet.  You should be able to run 'idlj' on the IDL files
and get Java client stubs from that.  If you want pointers on that, let
me know, I may have a little time next week for that.

best regards,

-Bill

--
Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>