Re: FreeTTS with Gnome-Speech Question

Janina,

You have to recompile gnome-speech to make it build the FreeTTS driver. You have to tell gnome-speech where to find FreeTTS when you configure its build. You do this with the --with-freetts-dir directory:

./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gnome-2.2 --with-freetts-dir=/home/user/FreeTTS/lib

Ensure that you specify the directory where all the FreeTTS jar files are, and it should build and work.

Marc