Re: Talking daisy reader.

Hi Thomas,

I think it really depends upon where you want to deploy your Daisy reader.
If you only want to see it running on desktop machines in a GNOME
environment, then absolutely use gnome-speech.  On the other hand, looking
forward to the next two generations of PDA and cell phones, I would expect
that we might start seeing phones running J2SE and support the Java Speech
API and FreeTTS.

Are you in touch with George Kershner on this Daisy project you're
considering doing?  If not, I encourage you to contact him and let him know
what you're thinking.

Either way you go, I'm delighted to hear you're looking into this.  It'd be
very nice to have a Daisy reader on the UNIX desktop.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team