Gnome Performance and Video Driver

I'm wondering if the video driver could affect the performance of Gnome
and Gnopernicus. When sometone types fast in gedit, there is a perceptible
lag before the characters appear on the screen, and when I use the arrow
keys there is a lag before the next item appearws on my braille display.
I'm not sure what my video card is. Is there a command that will display
its manufacturer and model? The driver was installed when I installed
Redhat 8.0. I've heard on the garnome list that the video driver can lock
up the computer. I've had the same problem a couple of times.

Thanks,
John

--
Computers to Help People, Inc.