Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:38:54 -0400
From: John W. Hess <techman optonline net>
To: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak chartermi net>
Subject: Re: Trying to get Gnopernicus to work but it won't.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cheryl Homiak" <chomiak chartermi net>
To: <gnome-accessibility-list gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 12:59 PM

> You say that you are able to start speech from another console. Just
ignore this
> if you've already gotten it working, but I'm wondering how you are getting
> speech to start from a different console. What are you typing to make this
> happen?
Cheryl, I have absolutely know idea what I did.  I was working with someone
who just gave me instructions.  I'm great with using Windows and it's
technical chalanges because I teach it as well as troubleshoot however,
Linux is as foreign to me as a second language.  I did however get it to run
from the run dialog in Gnome.  So if I type startx and then go in to the Run
dialog with alt-F2 and then type the letter g and hit enter Gnopernicus
starts.