Re: Trying to get Gnopernicus to work but it won't.

Cheryl:

Yes, the gconf key persists from session to session.  However, setting
it in .xinitrc should work since it precedes the invocation of
gnome-session.

You are correct that the "gconftool-2" command is not needed in .xinitrc
in general, since it only needs to be run once.  But, in the event that
the gconf key hasn't previously been set to "true", it should work.

- Bill