From: "Jacob Schmude" <jschmude adelphia net>
To: "Rich Caloggero" <rjc MIT EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: jhbuild failing - why?

Hi
This happens when your build tools can't find some gnome-2.3 macros.
Here's what you have to do:
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I PREFIX/share/aclocal"
Put that in your .bash_profile or /etc/profile. Prefix is the prefix you
specified in .jhbuildrc, for example if your prefix is /opt/gnome-2.3, it
would look like this:
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /opt/gnome-2.3/share/aclocal"
Remember to mind the upper/lower case. Here's a few other things you
should do, (prefix is your jhbuildrc prefix):
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=prefix/lib
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="prefix/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig"
These will prevent similar not found errors, from the linker and from
pkg-config, respectively.

HTH