Re: Problem when launching gnome-session + gnopernicus

Hello !
I was reluctant to go to Garnome or CVS, but Debian unstable was too
old as far as accessibility os concerned.
For a while, I've been using Mandrake cooker wich is better, but not
enough for me.
I'm really delighted with the state of the current CVS Gnome, (I went
from trying not to crash my accessibility app to trying to crash it !
I still not succeding, but much more happy now :-)) )

I am using jhbuild on my debian box.
moduleset = 'gnome24'
and
modules = [ 'at-spi',
'gnomemm/libgnomemm','java-access-bridge','at-poke', 'gnome-panel',
'gconf','gnome-control-center' ]
 in my ~/.jhbuildrc (I need gnomemm/libgnomemm for my C++ binding of
at-spi, you might not need it)

I've been adding
  <cvsmodule id="java-access-bridge" >
     <dependencies>
       <dep package="gnome-common" />
     </dependencies>
   </cvsmodule>

in jhbuild/modulesets/gnome24.modules.

During the bootstrap, I've been trying to install as few as possible,
apt-getting the debian way whenever possible...
but not fewer ! Do not assume that a newer autoconf will be ok, you
need each minor version :-(

then jhbuild when ok (except for gnomemm/libgnomemm, but i assume you
do not need it, mail if you want more info on that).

After that, if all went ok, you mainly have libraries (static and
dynamic) and programs.

Adjust, your path according to whatever prefix you put in ~/.jhbuildrc
(besure to put it in front !) for the programs.
You can use LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf if you are root for the
dynamic libraries.

If you are coding you will want to use  LIBRARY_PATH to take care of
the static libraries, and maybe  PKG_CONFIG_PATH if using pk-config.

You must also copy where appropriate gnome-java-bridge.jar and
accessibility.properties from the java-access-bridge, and have a
~/.orbitrc with ORBIIOPIPv4=1.

I now have a mixed debian/unstable and gnome CVS box, everything
running fine (except accessibility in mozilla which seems to be
broken again :-( ).

HTH, feel free to ask me if you have any question.

Bernard