Re: newbie:"E-mail and websurfing with Gnopernicus?"

Hi Kari,

> Is the Gnopernicus so functional at the moment that one could use e-mail
> and web-surfing? I'm looking for an alternative for my Win95 system,
> which is not as reliable as I would wish.
>
> I'm partially sighted and use my Windows computer with JAWS screen
> reader and ZoomText magnification program. Many years ago I did
> programming with Basic, Assembly and Pascal, but nowadays I don't even
> know the tools used to develop programs. I'd be happy to help
> Gnopernicus development though.
>
> Happy New Year to everybody on the list.

I would not recommend it today as a functional replacement for JAWS and/or
ZoomText when used with the market leading e-mail and web browsing
applications for Windows.  There is still a lot of testing and debugging to
do.  If you are feeling adventurous, you might want to explore Gnopernicus
with Mozilla for web browsing and e-mail.  However, there is still too much
work remaining for the Mozilla accessibility team for me to suggest you use
it as a browser today (some double reading of lines of text, etc.).

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team