Re: Gnopernicus, BRLTTY & Swedish characters

Hi David,

If so, what is Gnopernicus producing when it sends output to BrlTTY?

Gnopernicus, at present, sends raw dot patterns to BRLTTY. I'm planning to
pursue getting Gnopernicus to send text-based, rather than dot-based, data to
BRLTTY soon.

Gnopernicus has a variety of non-text dot patterns used to indicate a variety of things. What thoughts do you have on how those could be preserved yet have Gnopernicus send text for the text portions? Also, as Bill noted, we do need to address the problem of Braille table localization for a very wide set of languages (which may be interspersed within a single document, ideally with appropriate language tagging). Do you have any thoughts on where the right place to address that is and how?

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team