Re: gnopernicus CVS and Debian

Mario said...
> No, those warnings were already appearing in 0.3.4 and even below
> I think.  Actually those are reported because the version
> of ATK in debian is not very new.  There is a wishlist bug
> against atk if you want to read up on this issue.
>
> > Will upgrading my atk fix this?
>
> Yes, but then, you'll have to upgrade at-spi and gail too.

Hi Mario: Thanks for helping get folks set up.  I am not sure that last
statement is correct, ATK HEAD should be completely back-compatible with
the previous version.  I _recommend_ updating gail and at-spi when
possible because of bug fixes, but I do not believe that the
dependencies are quite that interlocked, and you should be able to
upgrade ATK compatibly at any time.  We 'guarantee' that for stable
versions, unless I am forgetting something, our ATK releases have
retained backwards compatibility with previous releases even in the
'unstable' branch.

regards

Bill