Re: Where has that little gnome gone? How old is he?

Assuming you are logged into GNOME, if you type "which gnome-session" the
result, before bin/gnome-session, should tell you where your gnome is installed.

I have no knowledge of where the gnome files are located on a Debian Sid system.
Typeing find . | grep gnome-session at / may take a while but it ought to find
it.

Padraig