DecTalk and Gnopernicus

Hi all
I am thinking of getting the DecTalk soft synth from Fonix to use with Emacspeak, Yasr, and Gnopernicus.

When I listened to the Main Menu review of Gnopernicus with DecTalk, the speech was not very responsive at all, not nearly as much as Via Voice was.

I am wondering whether this has improved, or whether it will improve in the future, as the size of DecTalk itself is what is most appealing to me, and I would like to use Gnopernicus for testing and eventually when it becomes stable.

Thanks in advance

Luke