Re: Gnopernicus and Braille lite 40

John J. Boyer writes:
 > Jason,
 >
 > Dave Mielke, the maintainer of brltty, has been working on an interface
 > with Gnopernicus. I don't know how that has turned out.

This is of interest to me, as I want to use Gnopernicus and/or Brltty
with my Baum INKA braille display, and obviously it would be better
for everyone if the driver did not have to be implemented twice.

As Bill said, the question is whether Brltty drivers would provide the
necessary functionality. From what I can glean from a quick review of
the source code, Baum engineers have maintained the same high
standards in writing the Gnopernicus braille subsystem that they have
demonstrated in earlier software. In practice this means that many
aspects of the braille display's operation, e.g., the binding of keys
and sensors on the braille display to Gnopernicus commands, are
completely configurable.

 > Just in case I do
 > want to write a driver for the Braille Lite, where would I find
 > information on writing drivers for braille displays?

So far as I know, it is a case of checking out gnopernicus from Gnome
CVS and reading the source code, especially in the braille/libbrl
directory where the existing drivers reside.