Re: no speech out of gnopernicus except welcome

Hi John,

> Hi.  After getting cvs versions of gnopernicus, atk at-spi and of
> course the famous gtk-doc, I cannot get gnopernicus to say anything
> after the welcome message -- I can run gnome-panel, and nothing
> happens hotting tab, alt, arrow keys and I get nothing.  It always
> says welcome to gnopernicus, so its running and the message says
> speech initialization successful on the text console, but that's all
> I get.
>
> Well, what do I do from here?

The accessibility machinery needs to be turned on for Gnopenricus to read
the contents of applications.  The attached script is nice to use to modify
the GConf setting to make this happen.  Re-start your gnome session after
you run this script.

Peter
#!/bin/sh

if test $# -eq 0
	then gconftool-2 -g /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility
fi

if test $# -eq 1
	then if test $1 = on -o $1 = true
		then gconftool-2 -s /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility \
				 -t bool true
	elif test $1 = off -o $1 = false
		then gconftool-2 -s /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility \
				 -t bool false
	else echo gnome-accessibility: unknown command $1
	fi
fi