X without a monitor?!

What a ridiculous concept, eh?

Well, this computer doesn't have one (what do I need one for?), and I
want to try out gnopernicus. Kick the tires. Scream with frustration
like the rest of you. All that. However...how do I get X to run if I
don't have a monitor? Currently, it barfs and chokes and gags and dies
with:
XIO:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

I reckon I shouldn't be surprised. Still, all docs seem to assume one
has a monitor. (What an erroneous assumption.) After this, I'll go
back to reading docs and come back with more (hopefully less stupid) questions.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3   | "And if the ground yawned,
Phone: (814) 455-7333     | I'd step to the side and say,