Re: X without a monitor?!
- From: Dave Mielke <dave mielke cc>
- To: Buddy Brannan <davros ycardz com>
- Cc: "Gnome Accessibility Users (mailing list)" <gnome-accessibility-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: X without a monitor?!
- Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 08:06:36 -0400 (EDT)
[quoted lines by Buddy Brannan on April 8, 2003, at 07:40]
>how do I get X to run if I
>don't have a monitor?
Run Xvfb. If X isn't already running, then run Xvfb on :0. If it is, you can
still run Xvfb on something else, e.g. :2. A sample way to run it is:
/usr/bin/X11/Xvfb :2 -ac -screen 2 800x600x32 -fn 7x14
Note that the number after the colon and the number which is the operand of the
-screen option should be the same.
Dave Mielke | 2213 Fox Crescent | I believe that the Bible is the
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario | Word of God. Please contact me
EMail: dave mielke cc | Canada K2A 1H7 | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://familyradio.com/ | http://mielke.cc/bible/
] [Thread Prev