Re: Nath again : Now, problem to launch Gnopernicus

On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 11:06, Nath wrote:
> When launching gnome-mag, Gnopernicus, srcore, I
> obtain the same error :
> Gtk-WARNING **: Cannot open display:
> An idea ? what is wrong now ?

Hi Nath:

Your patience is truly commendable, thanks for staying with us!

If the message is as you say, above (there is nothing after the word
"display:", for instance no ":0.0") then perhaps gtk+ expects your
DISPLAY environment variable to be set.

For me and most X users this environment variable is set, so it may be
that this is required by gtk+.  At least is is easy to try, set your
environment

DISPLAY=":0.0"

and see if the problem persists.

good luck,