Problem : No more speech !

Hello,

A few days ago I told you that I would build Gnome2 and Gnopernicus on
another machine (a desktop machine). then I did all the things but I don't
succeed in having speech working now. Only Festival is installed on my
system and it works well on command line when I type :
festival --tts filename
But when I launch startx with an .xinitrc file containing lines in order to
launch festival server, gnopernicus, sawfish, gnome-terminal and
gnome-session, I obtain the error
** Speech initialization failed
I checked the latest releases of gnome-speech and gnopernicus this morning
on the cvs tree. another thing, braille does not work too.
when I see the running processes it seems that  the whole things are
running.
An idea ?

Another little question : where can I find a logfile in order to consult
all the messages generated during the Gnome2 and Gnopernicus launch process
? On the ctrl-alt-f1 console I can only read the last messages and the
shift-pgup key combination is inactive here.
Thanks a lot for your help.

--
Nath

Etudiant: Wanadoo t'offre le Pack eXtense Haut Débit soit 150,92 euros
d'économies ! Clique ici : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/mail.etudiant