Re: Problem : No more speech !

Hi Nath:

you said:

> But when I launch startx with an .xinitrc file containing lines in order to
> launch festival server, gnopernicus, sawfish, gnome-terminal and
> gnome-session, I obtain the error
> ** Speech initialization failed

I am not sure that gnopernicus can run correctly before gnome-session;
eventually it should, but perhaps not today?  Although it means that you
may miss some startup messages, could you try running gnome-session
first?  Also I would recommend using Metacity as your window manager
instead of Sawfish, though I think sawfish may work OK for your
purposes.  At any rate the sawfish/metacity switch should not affect
what you are seeing now.

I think that Marc uses SpeakUp to do this from a talking console (using
more than one console), which might give you more diagnostic information
and better control over what is happening.

best regards,

Bill