Re: setting up gnopernicus: a couple of elementary questions

----- Original Message -----
From: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak chartermi net>
To: <gnome-accessibility-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 7:40 PM
Subject: setting up gnopernicus: a couple of elementary questions

> 1. the list of lines for the bash_profile: do I substitute the actual
> directory for things like gnome_directory or leave these entries as they
are?

Use the actual paths. The ones given in Nath's how to are examples.

> 2. with Xwindows installed in debian, how do I keep X from coming up when
> boot?

Set your system run level to 3 rather than 5. You can do that simply editing
your /etc/inittab.
If it is set to 5, replace the 5 with a 3, save and restart.

> 3. also, in Nath's instructions, at one place it says the file created is
> xinitrc and in another .xinitrc. I would assume the .xinitrc is correct?

Yes, use .xinitrc.Put this file in your home directory which will tell x
what to load on start up.

> Finally, when enabling accessibility I got the following warnings:
>
> ** (process:6807): WARNING **: CORBA_ORB_destroy: ORB still has 2 refs.
>
> ** (process:6807): WARNING **: ORB: a total of 6 refs to 5 ORB objects
were leak
> ed

I've seen this before, and I am not sure if it is good or bad. I'm ssure
someone else probably can shed more light on this.