setting up gnopernicus: a couple of elementary questions

1. the list of lines for the bash_profile: do I substitute the actual
directory for things like gnome_directory or leave these entries as they are?

2. with Xwindows installed in debian, how do I keep X from coming up when i
boot?
3. also, in Nath's instructions, at one place it says the file created is
xinitrc and in another .xinitrc. I would assume the .xinitrc is correct?

Finally, when enabling accessibility I got the following warnings:

** (process:6807): WARNING **: CORBA_ORB_destroy: ORB still has 2 refs.

** (process:6807): WARNING **: ORB: a total of 6 refs to 5 ORB objects were leak
ed

Should I be concerned about this?
Thanks.

cheryl