Re: finding gnome-speech-1.0

Hi Cheryl:

Have a look at config.log (maybe send it my way too), that may tell us
more about why the configure script isn't finding gnome-speech.

Normally the configure script gets info about installed packages from
".pc" files in $prefix/lib/pkgconfig, and possible other directories
(where $prefix is the install prefix for your gnome-2 libraries).  There
should be a gnome-speech-1.0.pc in your gnome-2 pkgconfig directory, and
pkgconfig should be able to find it.  If you find the
gnome-speech-1.0.pc file but configure doesn't, a workaround is to add
the directory where the pc file lives to your "ACLOCAL_FLAGS"
environment variable.

(However using the workaround above should be unnecessary and would
indicate something is still amiss in your build setup.)

I just tried this on my setup and it went smoothly (gnome-speech build,
install, gnopernicus autogen), but our setups are significantly
different I think  (I am on RedHat 8.0 at the moment, with mostly-stock
tools).

HTH,

Bill