Re: still have java problem in installing gnome-speech

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 19:49, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
> Would somebody that has an unmodified /etc/profile mind sending it to me so I
> can compare it?

Cheryl:

Actually I would recommend doing this by altering the ".login" file in
your home directory (or creating one if none exists) - this is safer
than changing the default /etc/profile, which will change things for all
users and not just you (on a multi-user system),  That indeed means that
"root"'s settings will be changed by changes to /etc/profile as you
surmised.

-Bill