Re: panel prelight on focus

On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 08:49, Calum Benson wrote:
> Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> > My suggestion... why not pop up a small "pseudo-titlebar" above the
> > panel (not full width... probably centered) edge of the panel using
> > the "focused" colors.
>
> It's not a bad idea... we talked about something a bit like that before,
> IIRC (can't remember if it was on one of these lists or not).  Trouble
> is it looks a bit odd for panels that are stuck to the top of the screen
> (since the title bar would have to appear along the bottom of the panel
> to stop things jumping around), and it doesn't really work at all for
> panels that are stuck to the side of the screen, at least not if you
> want to put some text in the title bar.

Would some kind of small 'focus-is-here' icon work? If the icon fits in
a small box, then the orientation of the panel shouldn't matter, at
least not as much.

I'm not certain what to use - maybe an arrow or arrow-like object that
points to the thing that's focused? Or maybe just a gnome foot or some
other icon that'll get noticed and not mistaken for something else.

- George