Re: Problem to build Gnopernicus, gnome-mag and gnome-speech

Hi Nath,

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 21:45, Nath wrote:
> Thanks Bill and Michael for your help.

	No problem;

> Before removal all the gnome 2 tree I'm going to try installing
> gnome-common and then try to rebuild Gnopernicus etc... And let's see !
> Another question : is it absolutly necessary to run Gnopernicus to have
> speech working on Gnome 2 or the gnome-speech package is it provides the
> hability to speak the contents of the screen without Gnopernicus ?

	Yep - you need both gnopernicus and gnome-speech; try running the
driver by itself though - it seems to be the only way to get debug how
gnopernicus is failing. It'd be _really_ good if someone had the time to
file several bugs against gnopernicus' robustness, and it not warning
sensibly when things fail - both on the console and on-screen [ frankly
the amount of debug spew at startup is quite amazing and unneccessary as
well - which makes it hard to see any errors ].

	If you run festival-tts-driver, does it give warnings, or just sit
there quietly ? if it warns - perhaps you have the b-a-s problem Sharon
was having.

	Regards,

		Michael.