Re: Problem to build Gnopernicus, gnome-mag and gnome-speech

Hello Nath:

It looks as if you may be missing some 'developer' packages for GNOME2.
The garnome distribution does not install the developer packages by
default.  If you are doing any building of GNOME packages (which of
course you are), I am told that garnome is probably not the best way to
proceed.

An alternative for building GNOME2 which has been recommended to me is
the "jhbuild" module which can be checked out from gnome CVS; it uses
mostly the python language for its build scripts.

There are some known problems with garnome if you are behind a firewall.

Best regards and good luck,

-Bill