Gnopernicus - No speech

Yesterday, I upgraded to Red Hat 7.3 and the latest version of
Garnome/GNOME2. Then, following the instructions on the Baum site I
installed gnome-mag, gnome-speech, and gnopernicus. ViaVoice is installed
for TTS. I have included the export information from the go-gnome.sh in my
.bash_profile. When I run Gnopernicus the GUI appears and the terminal
displays the following information from start to exit, but I do not have
speech. I have confirmed that my speech settings are set to ViaVoice. In
General settings Braille and magnifier are not selected, only speech. Does
anyone have any idea what I might be missing?

GTK Accessibility Module initialized
About to register application
Application registered & listening

**********************
* SCREEN READER CORE *
**********************

GTK Accessibility Module initialized
About to register application
Application registered & listening
SR: GET_BRAILLE_CONFIG_DATA - port: 0
SR: GET_BRAILLE_CONFIG_DATA - device: VARIO
SR: GET_BRAILLE_CONFIG_DATA - pos sensor: 0
SR: GET_BRAILLE_CONFIG_DATA - opt sensor: 0
SR: GET_BRAILLE_CONFIG_DATA - use_b: 0
SR: GET_BRAILLE_CONFIG_DATA - use_s: 1
SR: GET_BRAILLE_CONFIG_DATA - use_m: 0
--- acc_cell_new called
--- acc_cell_class_init called
--- acc_cell_instance_init called
--- acc_cell_new called
--- acc_cell_instance_init called
--- acc_cell_dispose called
--- acc_cell_dispose called
Found 3 locales
*** TEST *** ROLE NAMES:CHK CHECK_BOX Check box Check box
10 pres items for speech, 10 pres items for braille
PI_INDEX:0, PI_SHOW:0, PI_TYPE:0
PI_INDEX:0, PI_SHOW:0, PI_TYPE:0
PI_INDEX:0, PI_SHOW:0, PI_TYPE:0
PI_INDEX:0, PI_SHOW:0, PI_TYPE:0
PI_INDEX:0, PI_SHOW:0, PI_TYPE:0
PI_INDEX:0, PI_SHOW:0, PI_TYPE:0
PI_INDEX:0, PI_SHOW:0, PI_TYPE:0
PI_INDEX:0, PI_SHOW:0, PI_TYPE:0
PI_INDEX:0, PI_SHOW:0, PI_TYPE:0
PI_INDEX:0, PI_SHOW:0, PI_TYPE:0
SR: brl_init VARIO 1
BrlMon: sending data to '127.0.0.1' (IP : 127.0.0.1)
 Remote Braille Device:sending data to '127.0.0.1' (IP : 127.0.0.1)
0 servers found.

SR INIT done!SR: last_utterance role: 32

Srcore exit now...
bye-bye!
exiting bridge
application finalize called
bridge exit func complete.
exiting bridge
application finalize called
bridge exit func complete.

Sharon Snider
Linux Information Development, Accessibility, and Usability
IBM Linux Technology Services
(512) 838-4127, T/L 678-4127