Re: Gnopernicus - No speech

Hi Sharon,

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 20:24, Sharon D Snider wrote:
> Yesterday, I upgraded to Red Hat 7.3 and the latest version of
> Garnome/GNOME2.

	Great.

>  Then, following the instructions on the Baum site I
> installed gnome-mag, gnome-speech, and gnopernicus. ViaVoice is installed
> for TTS. I have included the export information from the go-gnome.sh in my
> .bash_profile. When I run Gnopernicus the GUI appears and the terminal
> displays the following information from start to exit, but I do not have
> speech. I have confirmed that my speech settings are set to ViaVoice. In
> General settings Braille and magnifier are not selected, only speech. Does
> anyone have any idea what I might be missing?

	I _believe_ that no activation of speech stuff is done; thus you need
to ensure that you run the viavoice speech server  beforehand;
personally I've never use vv, only festival - which works fine when used
through gnome-speech [ but seemingly not directly from gnopernicus -
which is most odd ].

	The best thing to do is perhaps add debugging stuff to gnome-speech's [
or gnopernicus' ] sound intialization stuff. Sadly robustness wise - and
in terms of nice UI when things fail gnopernicus needs substantial work,

	HTH,

		Michael.