Re: Gnopernicus

Hi Rich:

I am glad that you are seeing some information from at-poke now and that
you are making some headway.  Sorry that I haven't been more available
to assist.

As you no doubt have observed, this stack is still a work-in-progress,
though the infrastructure is substantially complete and API stable now
(at least to a "1.0" state).  Gnopernicus and the applications' own
accessibility support are necessarily lagging the infrastructure a
little.

You might find 'gok' (the gnome onscreen keyboard) of interest, CVS
module "gok"; despite some window manager interaction issues at present
which limit its use in other than "Dwell Mode", it is a good demo of
things to come with respect to support for mobility disorders.

The Gnopernicus magnification support is in its infancy, so I wouldn't
be concerned if it does not work yet; the speech and braille output
should be in a working (if not bug-free) state.

BTW, support for Java applications requires installation of the "Java
Accessibility Bridge for GNOME" (cvs module java-bridge).

Best regards,

Bill